Matt has accepted an invitation from the Auckland University Students Association (AUSA) to participate in a public debate on the Same Sex Marriage Bill to be held at 7pm at the University of Auckland on Tuesday 2 October 2012 in Library Basement 28.
The moot is: “This House supports the legalisation of same-sex marriage in New Zealand”
The Marriage (Definition of Marriage) Amendment Bill just passed the first reading in the New Zealand Parliament but the debate continues. Its full passage would allow unrelated same sex couples to marry.
This debate is open to the public so mark it in your calendars now!
Confirmed speakers are:
- Louisa Wall Labour Party MP and the drafter of the Bill
- Colin Craig leader of the NZ Conservative Party
- Levi Joule Queer Rights Officer of AUSA) and the Auckland Regional Chair for Young Labour
- Bonnie Hartfield Co-chair of Legaliselove
- Auimatagi Joe Moeono-Kolio Auckland University Student Chaplain
- Matthew Flannagan Theologian, Philosopher, Pastor & blogger at MandM